Furnishing a Home for Under $700

Welcome to my very first post! I am so excited to not only show you how I furnished our home for under $700, but I will also include some before and after photos. Not everything is complete yet, but this is a start.

First thing is first - The trick to furnishing a home for cheap: second-hand EVERYTHING. Especially starting out as new homeowners, it was important for me to have a home that really fit our personalities, but on a very strict budget. 99% of my home furniture and decor has been purchased through thrift/second-hand stores. I am also not afraid to take free things off craigslist, or from friends and family that are getting rid of their unwanted furniture. Doing this allows me to be creative and really make things our own (not to mention this means I have the budget to constantly switch things out when I [inevitably] get bored).

 Below I will take you on a room-by-room breakdown on what I paid for each piece of furniture.

Basement:

  • Mid Century Chairs - $144 from New Uses
  • Round Dining Table - $19.99 from Savers
  • Round Coffee Table - $8 from an estate sale, then added $71.61 walnut veneer from Veneer Factory Outlet
  • Cane-back Chair - $4.99 from Savers, reupholstered with a $3.99 curtain from Savers
  • Mirror Top Bar - $19.99 from Goodwill
  • Foot Stool - FREE (from Matthew's parents)
  • Tall Shelf - FREE (from Matthew's parents)
  • Sectional - FREE [to us] (It was gifted from Matthew's parents as a housewarming present) although I did run into a lot of nice sectionals on Craigslist for cheap
  • GRAND TOTAL: $272.57








Livingroom and Breakfast Nook:

  • Dining Table - FREE from Craigslist
  • Set of four dining chairs - $14.99 (yes, for all four!) from Savers
  • Credenza With Mirrors - $51 from Savers
  • Cane-back Chairs - $7.98 for the pair and $7.20 for new upholstery fabric
  • Coffee Table (not pictured) - $14.99 from Savers
  • End table (not pictured) - $20 from Goodwill
  • Couch (not pictured) - $150 from Craigslist
  • Couch End Table (not pictured)- FREE (from Matthew's parents)
  • GRAND TOTAL: $266.21


Bedroom:
  • Bed - FREE (from my aunt)
  • Bed Frame - $49.99 From a second hand store in my home town (I am blanking on the name)
  • Night Stands - $19.99 each from Ikea
  • Dresser - FREE from my parents (it was my great grandma's)
  • Rocking Chair - FREE from my parents (it was also my great grandma's)
  • GRAND TOTAL: $89.97



Now... this brings me to the GRAND GRAND TOTAL of $628.75!

We are not finished with all our projects, but here are some before photos. It was always a beautiful home, but we managed to incorporate our taste into it.














Comments

Popular Posts