Not Your Grandma's Cane Chair


Hello again! It has been a while since I have posted due to the kitchen fire in our home, but things are looking up! There are always silver linings. I will do a later post on what those silver linings are. For now I waned to do a quick post on these awesome cane chairs that I found at Savers, and they are by a designer called Sam Moore. From my online research, I have found that the designer's prices are astronomical. By astronomical I'm talking hundreds of dollars per chair, and sometimes even over a thousand dollars... so I would say these chairs were a pretty great find.
I bought two chairs and 5 yards of fabric (all the fabric ended up being $7.20.... yes, that is for all 5 yards!) My mom and I took apart all the stitching and fabric on the chairs to make a new pattern, and she sewed it back together. *I thought I knew how to sew, but boy was I wrong. Thank goodness for moms, am I right??*
Long story short, this is the outcome! I think they bring a traditional-modern twist to our home that can always evolve with my ever-changing taste in design. If I get bored of the colors I can easily switch out the pillow and blanket to bring it up to date. Overall, I am happy that I was able to save the chairs from going into a landfill, and I think it was a great improvement from the original pink color that you would find in you grandma's house. What do you think?? :)




Comments

Popular Posts